My name is Rob Zazueta, though I’m better known in most circles simply as “Rob Z.” I am a well-seasoned tech industry professional (more than 20 years) with an unusually broad and deep set of skills – from server architecture design and maintenance, to real full-stack web development, to business strategy and go to market development, to sales and marketing with an emphasis on developer advocacy and outreach. The result is a unique interdepartmental perspective that cuts across all disciplines and allows me to make connections others miss.
I have worked with companies of all sizes – from one-person independents to Fortune 500 enterprises – to help them define their technical strategy, go to market plans, evangelism activities and so much more. I’m eager to lend my skills, knowledge, and leadership to your team.
Because I focus specifically on your needs and carefully listen to – or help you define – your goals, no two engagements are the same. I will work with you and your team to understand the best path forward, define a clear strategy, roadmap, and metrics for success, and quickly execute and iterate on the plan while keeping your team close in the loop to help them repeat our successes going forward. Here’s a small sample of what I’ve done for companies in the past:
- Developed a complete go to market plan (internal and external) including persona development, audience definition, message crafting, marketing materials creation and more.
- Organized and hosted internal guided discovery and planning workshops to define and kick off new projects.
- Developed a complete partner channel strategy, including complete go to market plan and initial partner identification, outreach and support.
- Developed a complete developer marketing. outreach and advocacy strategy for technical products targeting developers and IT engineers, including evangelism, documentation, and success metrics.
- Produced materials and workshops to train engineering teams how to design their APIs and support developer customers.
- Delivered keynote speeches on stages around the world on behalf of my employers and customers.
- Developed a complete thought leadership strategy to build a halo effect around brands and products while both education the target audience and strengthening the brand.
If you’re interesting in bringing my expert guidance, knowledge and leadership to your organization, call me directly at 510-390-4452 to get details on my availability and pricing.